Oily hair is a sign that your hair needs a touch of care. Your hair and scalp may just be asking for help. A major concern with this condition is that many people do not address it properly. Majority of people with oily hair wash their hair more often as a way of dealing with the condition. But what is really behind the condition, and what measures can be taken to fix it permanently?
Oily hair is the result of excess sebum. The excessive production of oil by the scalp's sebaceous glands makes hair oily and not so attractive. Excess sebum production can be hereditary, caused by hormonal imbalances, or as a result of overuse of wrong hair products.
How to Treat Oily Hair
Oily hair attracts a lot of dust and dirt. This affects the health of the hair and follicles. Hence, proper treatment is needed to get rid of oily and sticky hair.
There are special hair care products to treat oily hair. These hair care products contain special formulas that control or reduce the secretion of the sebaceous gland. Therefore, they control the production of sebum. In addition, these products contain certain compounds that control itching, caused by excessive discharge and trapped dust.
Tips On How To Deal With Oily Hair
1. First, understand the main causes of oily hair conditions. Find out exactly what can cause the condition and identify what may apply to your situation before anything else.
2. Eliminate all products that can damage the hair and scalp or worsen the condition, and look for more natural alternatives like Edge Naturale Cleansing System.
3. Understand that oily hair and oily skin are closely related. Therefore, if both occur, you must attack the condition from both ends.
4. Eggs, baking soda, vinegar, and cocoa powder are very effective in treating oily hair condition.
5. Know that clay masks also provide quick and long-lasting relief. Use clay as an inexpensive miracle treatment option. You can find out which clays to use as a hair mask.
6. Sometimes you may need special shampoos. Find out when and how to use them.
7. Oily hair can be challenging to maintain and style. Learn some styling tips and tricks and what products to use or avoid.
8. Be aware that the condition can lead to hair loss over time. Learn how to treat it before it happens.
Many home remedies sometimes work much better than any chemical or drug. They can be inexpensive and safe to use. Herbal treatments can be a long-term solution as long as you persist and use them regularly.
Since oily hair needs to be washed every day, try using mild shampoos like Edge Naurale shampoos. Also, there is a difference between washing the hair and the scalp. If you have to wash your hair every day, avoid the part of the scalp. Oily hair should not be brushed or combed repeatedly. Frequent brushing will cause the scalp to produce more oil. Also, do not rub the scalp because this will also lead to excessive oil production.
Controlling your diet can also bring the desired results. Avoid diets that contain oil such as coconut, corn, etc. In addition, drinking large amounts of water can prevent all kinds of hair problems.