What is Coconut Milk?
Coconuts are a superfood that are a great addition to any diet, but coconut milk also works topically as a conditioner for your skin and hair. You’ve probably seen coconut milk sold as a dairy milk alternative or as a base for international dishes, but with its high protein, healthy fat, and vitamin content, it makes for an incredible treatment for anyone suffering from hair damage or hair loss. Coconut milk is made from blending the white, fleshy layer of the coconut beneath the hard shell with water (not to be confused with coconut water, which is the liquid it holds inside). This super-nutrient blend is a moisturizing, healing, and overall conditioning ingredient in cosmetics and hair care products.
What Does Coconut Milk Do?
Coconut milk is a highly nutrient-dense ingredient that has been proven to help condition and strengthen hair. Coconut milk contains Lauric Acid, a long-chain fatty acid that easily penetrates hair cuticles to fortify and strengthen hair strands. Coconut milk is able to deeply moisturize and seal the hair cuticle to prevent moisture loss or dryness. While coconut oil is a well-known super power in both diet and topical beauty and wellness, coconut oil is only one ingredient of coconut milk. Natural moisture, vitamins, minerals, and natural antioxidants protect your hair from the environment and help to promote hair growth and shine.
Major Health Benefits of Coconut Milk:
• Naturally occurring Vitamins E, C, and B vitamins like B6, B3, and B12 are antioxidants, protecting hair from environmental pollutants and free radicals
• Long-chain fatty acids penetrate the hair shaft, sealing in moisture and strengthening damaged or weakened hair.
• Coconut milk is anti-inflammatory, meaning it helps calm inflammation, scalp irritation, and prevents scalp flaking and dandruff
• High-protein in coconut milk promotes fuller, stronger, shinier hair
• Super moisturizing and conditioning for both hair and scalp
Coconut milk is a vital ingredient in natural hair care products. As a food, it nourishes the body with healthy fats, vitamins and nutrients. When applied topically or used in an ingredient in hair care, coconut milk helps promote hair growth naturally and keeps the hair you have conditioned, strong, and full of healthy shine.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device